Phone: (03) 9799 3553
Fax: (03) 9799 8150
A rib misalignment occurs when your rib moves slightly (backwards and inwards) from the thoracic vertebra towards the spine, the muscles in your back will then contract and tighten to protect the misalignment.
- Difficulty or pain when breathing, sneezing, and coughing
- Often causes a shooting pain that around the side or front of the chest
- May also result in neck pain and pain or numbness along the arm
What Causes Rib Misalignment?
Rib Misalignment is usually caused by:
- Compression or trauma to the rib cage (squeezing)
- Injuries where you are hit from the side
- Twisting injuries – lifting and twisting
How Think Chiropractic Can Help?
- Relief from rib misalignments are hard to self remedy. You can try an ice pack on the affected area, 10minutes on, then 10minutes off
- Professional assistance is required if the symptoms haven’t improved after three days.
If Left Untreated
If left untreated the rib misalignment
- Can gradually get worse
- Pain may start travelling around the chest to the sternum
- Long term rib misalignment can result in misdiagnosed Asthma, due to difficulty breathing.
1 Delacombe Drive, Hampton Park, VIC 3976, Australia