Headaches & Migraines
Phone: (03) 9799 3553
Fax: (03) 9799 8150
Migraines are severe and intense throbbing pains usually on one side of the head.
- Generally start in the morning and may even begin hours before your usual wake up time with strong pains that make you get out of bed
- Can involve nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to noise and light
- Can last a couple days in a row
- May include tension in the neck, shoulders, and mid back
What causes this condition?
Migraines are related to toxicity levels and chemistry in the body and are often associated with the mid thoracic spine (between the shoulder blades).
- Alcohol, medications or other chemicals can worsen the condition.
- Over sleeping and sleeping in can increase toxicity due to longer time between toilet visits.
- Pressure or strain on the mid back can affect the nerves which cause migraines.
How Think Chiropractic can help?
- Migraines usually respond well to plenty of hydration.
- You can reduce toxins in your body by using the bathroom and by sweating
Through examination of the spine and use of x-rays we can precisely locate the exact vertebra that is misaligned and causing the migraine then provide a specific correction called an ‘adjustment’ to re-place the vertebra into the correct position.
What Happens If You Don't Treat Headache?
- Migraines continue to worsen over a long period of time and can occur more frequently and for longer durations – as often as one per week and last up to 3 days.
- After awhile you may begin to feel mid back pain and/or shoulder blade pain
- Due to their intensity, migraines will eventually interfere with your lifestyle and well being.