Middle Back Pain
Phone: (03) 9799 3553
Fax: (03) 9799 8150
The Thoracic spine is the middle 12 vertebrae (series of small bones forming the backbone) along your spine.
Thoracic Misalignment is when one or more of these vertebrae fall out of alignment, this is also known as a pinched nerve between the shoulders.
It may vary from a local pain to a sharp strong shooting pain.
Early symptoms includes:
- Stiffness and tightness in the muscles and discomfort between the shoulder blades
- Decreased range of motion in the shoulders
- Pain when sneezing or coughing
Bad cases may also include:
- Shooting pain up to the neck, shoulder/s and arms and in some cases pain around the chest
- Headaches or migraines
- Agonising pain on movement
What Causes Thoracic Misalignment?
Thoracic misalignment causes inflammation and pressure in the disc, which then causes pressure on the spinal nerve.
- Lifting items with outstretched arms.
- Repetitive lifting, twisting, and bending
- Poor posture
- Falls or traumas
How Think Chiropractic Can Help?
- Examination of the spine, x-rays and specialised instruments, will allow our chiropractor to precisely locate the exact vertebra that is misaligned and causing pressure on the nerve.
- Once the cause is identified, an adjustment is used to re-place the vertebra into the correct position
If Left Untreated
If left untreated Thoracic Misalignments:
- Will cause the pain to get worse and increase in frequency
- May result in Headaches and Migraines
- Will start to cause wear and tear of the thoracic discs and joints
- Long term, untreated Thoracic misalignment often causes shoulder issues such as frozen shoulder