Phone: (03) 9799 3553
Fax: (03) 9799 8150
Stress and anxiety can trigger tension headaches. They are caused by a tightening of the muscles in the upper back, neck and head.
- Headaches that start anywhere from 11am to 3pm and will generally get worse as the day goes on.
- Pain is worse on busy or stressful days.
- Can involve the whole neck, but is also concentrated in the shoulder muscles.
What Causes Tension Headaches?
- Tension in the neck causes tension headaches. This generally begins during busy and stressful times where the muscles in the upper back, the top of the shoulders and lower neck tighten.
- Poor work station set up, or computer use.
- As stress causes tension headaches they are usually more prevalent during times of deadlines, exams, family stress and important events.
How Think Chiropractic Can Help?
- Reorganise your work station and correcting poor posture can have a positive effect on Tension Headaches.
- Regular massages can help your body relieve tension.
If Left Untreated
- If left untreated for long enough tension headaches can cause problems with the nerves down the arms. Including carpal tunnel symptoms, pins and needles as well as numbness.
- These headaches will increase and become more intense.
Give us a call to discuss your tension headache. By finding the cause we can minimise its severity and frequency. Call us now on (03) 9799 3553 or you can visit us today at 1 Delacombe Drive, Hampton Park, VIC 3976, Australia